Disasters: How to Really be Prepared
Summary by: Sara Gray
This talk will highlight essential components of hospital-based disaster planning. We will discuss tips for planning training exercises, getting funding, and effective debriefing. Preparedness really matters, find out why!
1.Discuss essential components of
- Disaster plans
- All hazards
- IMS structures
- Should your plan be long or short?
2.Talk about training exercises
- Low fidelity versus high fidelity exercises.
- Getting funding
3.Review why debriefing matters
References and Links
1.Canada’s national preparedness site, pitched mostly to individuals
2.Ontario’s Emergency Management Office site includes some training tools and resources for organizations
3. The CDC Emergency Preparedness Site
4. FEMA’s site has some good resources for organizations.
Also has an interesting text message program about hurricanes and other natural disasters, where people can sign up for text updates about local disasters.
5. A good site for improving debriefing skills