Royal North Shore Hospital Fellow in ICU and Simulation Education – Applications Now Open
February 2019 – February 2020
FREE SMACC Sydney Registration
FREE Harvard Simulation Instructor Course
APPLY HERE or
Click here and search for position 17262
- Are you an Intensive Care doctor?
- Are you into medical education?
- Do you want to work with an inspirational team?
- Do you want simulation experience in a world-leading high fidelity simulation centre?
- Do you want to live in Sydney, Australia for a year?
- Do you want to be on the Faculty at SMACC Sydney (and get free registration?)
- Do you want free registration, flights and accomodation (valued at A$7000) for the Harvard CMS Simulation as a Teaching Tool Course in Brisbane (regarded as the gold standard simulation instructor course)
Who do I need to be?
The RNSH ICU and the Sydney Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre need someone who has trained or is training in Intensive Care Medicine, has completed (or is studying for) a final ICU exam, and who wants to be an educator and simulation guru.
You need to be motivated, with a passion for education and excellent communication skills, and able to work in a large inter-professional team.
What experience will I get?
In the Sydney Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre:
Experience in all aspects of simulation including course design, delivery and debriefing
Faculty on the following courses:
- Emergency Management of Anaesthetic Crises (EMAC)
- Inter-professional airway workshops
- Communication courses
- Advanced Life Support courses
- DETECT courses
Instructor for the Simulation module of the Masters in Critical Care Medicine (University of Sydney)
Research and QI projects
In RNSH ICU:
Weekly Inter-professional in-situ simulation training
Coordination of weekly trainee teaching and study days
Faculty for a number of ICU based courses including Cardiac Surgery Advanced Life Support, the SLICE course and the Critical Care Airway Management Course (CCAM)
Creating and evolving educational materials using e-learning and web design skills
Faculty on a workshop at SMACC Sydney (March 2019)
If you are interested:
APPLY HERE or go to https://nswjmo.erecruit.com.au/ and search for position 17262
For further information please contact Dr Jon Gatward ASAP