Royal North Shore Hospital Fellow in ICU and Simulation Education
February 2017 – February 2018
- Are you an Intensive Care doctor?
- Are you into medical education?
- Do you want to work with an inspirational team?
- Do you want simulation experience in a world-leading high fidelity simulation centre?
- Do you want to live in Sydney, Australia for a year?
- Do you want to be Faculty at Das SMACC (and get free registration, flights from Sydney to Berlin and expenses?)
Who do I need to be?
The RNSH ICU and the Sydney Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre need someone who has trained or is training in Intensive Care Medicine, has completed (or is studying for) a final ICU exam, and who wants to be an educator and simulation guru.
You need to be motivated, with a passion for education and excellent communication skills, and able to work in a large inter-professional team.
What experience will I get?
Experience in all aspects of simulation including course design, delivery and debriefing
Faculty on the following courses:
- Emergency Management of Anaesthetic Crises (EMAC)
- Inter-professional airway workshops
- Communication courses
- Advanced Life Support courses
- DETECT courses
Instructor for the Simulation module of the Masters in Critical Care Medicine (University of Sydney)
Research and QI projects
In RNSH ICU:
Weekly Inter-professional in-situ simulation training
Creating and evolving educational materials using e-learning and web design skills
Faculty on a workshop at Das SMACC (Berlin, June 2017)