ICU Masters from Cambridge with different focus
If you’re training in critical care, particularly ICU, there are many post grad degrees on offer.
Ronan O’Leary and his team at Cambridge are offering a Masters Program that hopes to embrace the way you’re already learning.
- Study part-time and gain a Cambridge qualification
- Develop your clinical, research and leadership skills
- Work as a senior fellow in Cambridge’s intensive care units
The programme has been developed jointly by the Institute of Continuing Education at the University of Cambridge and Cambridge University Health Partners to produce a two year part time course which is combined with employment as a senior clinical fellow at the three intensive care units in Cambridge:
- Papworth Cardiothoracic ICU
- JVF ICU
- Neurosciences and Trauma Intensive Care Unit.
- A one year part time PGCert consisting of modules in clinical research, clinical leadership, and clinical education.
- A two year part time MSt which typically runs concurrently with the PGCert and consists of a broad range of modules in sub-speciality intensive care medicine and a research dissertation.
- A non-award vocational programme designed and delivered by Cambridge University Health Partners which focusses on the non-clinical skills required to be an effective tertiary centre consultant. This includes training in project management, organisational culture, interprofessional relationships, and healthcare systems.
They have developed an innovative, comprehensive approach to sub-speciality training and aim to employ the #FOAMed network and the wider distributed education environment to both provide learning and as a mechanism for summative assessment.
For example you could present your summative assessment at SMACC.
Register your interest here
More details about the course can be found here