Segun Olusanya and James Day talk to Karim Brohi about coagulation in trauma. This interview was recorded during the State of the Art Conference in London earlier this year. Brohi is the author of Trauma.org
- www.trauma.org. AMAZING trauma #foamed!
- Khan S et al. Haemostatic resuscitation is neither haemostatic nor resuscitative. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2014 Mar; 76 (3): 214-218.
- CRASH-2 Collaborators. Effect of tranexamic acid on death, vascular occlusive events and blood transfusion in trauma patients with significant haemorrhage (CRASH-2): A randomised, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet 2010 July; 9734(376): 23-32. Free full text (and more)
- Brohi K. Acute coagulopathy of trauma: hypoperfusion induces systemic anticoagulation and fibrinolysis. J Trauma 2008 May; 64(5): 1211-7. (link to abstract only)
- Gando S et al. Differenciating disseminated intravascular coagulopathy with the fibrinolytic phenotype from coagulopathy of trauma and acute coagulopathy of trauma shock (COT-ACOTS). J Thromb Haemost 2013 May; 11 (5): 826-35 (abstract only)