This short talk will focus on the who, why, how, what, and when of diagnosis and management of pulmonary hypertension and the right ventricle:
- Who gets pulmonary hypertension?
- Why is pulmonary hypertension important?
- How do I diagnose pulmonary hypertension?
- What are the most important practical management strategies?
- When should I use advanced monitors and expensive pharmacotherapies?
Both acute and chronic pulmonary hypertension will be discussed, and the emphasis will be on practical management of patients in the intensive care environment.