- This event has passed.
Intensive Care Nephrology: Beyond BASIC
November 27 @ 08:00 - November 28 @ 15:00$550
Beyond BASIC Nephrology is a course jointly developed by the BASIC collaboration and the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine.
The course is intended from intensive care trainees, nurses and as a refresher on critical care nephrology for intensive care specialists. The 2 day course teaches
- Applied renal physiology
- Epidemiology of acute kidney injury
- Acute kidney injury: causes, pathophysiology and management
- Acute kidney injury and sepsis
- AKI and abdominal compartment syndrome
- Continuous renal replacement therapy
- Anticoagulation strategies for CRRT
- Intermittent haemodialysis and SLEDD
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Drug dosing in renal failure
The course consists of manual for pre-course reading, pre-course test, lectures, skill stations (workshops) with hand on with dialysis machines and post course test.